Public Liability

Public Liability

If you have been injured somewhere, and it was someone else's fault, you may be entitled to compensation

Public liability covers a wide range of circumstances in which a person suffers injury or death including:

  • injuries in parks or other public places (eg slips, trips and falls)
  • injuries in rental premises (eg landlord/tenant)
  • injuries in private buildings (eg shopping centres)
  • injuries caused by animals (eg dog-attacks, horse-riding accidents)
  • schoolyard injuries
  • amusement venue injuries
  • recreational and sporting injuries (eg jet-ski and diving accidents)
  • aviation and botaing injuries
  • food poisoning.

Who pays public liability compensation?

In most cases, the insurance company of the person or business at fault is liable for paying compensation.

What can you claim?

Each case is different but compensation is generally awarded for pain and suffering, past and future loss of earnings, past and future medical expenses, care provided by family members, and various other 'heads of damage'.

How much can you claim?

The actual amount of compensation that you can claim depends on a range of factors such as the severity of your injury, how much you have lost in earnings, and how much you have incurred for treatment. Compensation is essentially calculated on the basis of the amount of the loss that you have suffered. Once all evidence has been obtained, we can provide to you an idea of the amount of the compensation that you can claim.

Contact Us

We can assist you in connection with a public liability claim. Call us on 08 8523 8400 for a no obligation consultation with one of our lawyers or email us at

Call us on 08 8523 8400