Moving Interstate or Overseas

Moving Interstate or Overseas

There may come a time when either you or the other parent wants to move interstate or overseas.

Whatever your situation, both parents must abide by specific laws in these circumstances and it is vital that you obtain legal advice to ensure your compliance.

Laws apply to taking children on holiday, even interstate. Some of these laws are complicated.

If you are planning to move or go on  holiday, you must first make a genuine effort to reach agreement with the other parents. If you can not agree, or you need assistance in obtaining agreement, call us and we can help you work through the issue that you face.

Contact Us

Call us on 08 8523 8400 for a no obligation consultation with one of our lawyers or email us at

Call us on 08 8523 8400