Our Estate Planning Team can assist you to prepare a customised "Estate Plan" to address the critical issues for you
The customised Estate Plan ensures your family, property and assets are protected if you suffer from a disablity or die. These include:
- Ownership options are essential as some assets may be more effectively owned individually, jointly as joint tenants, jointly as tenants in common, through a trust, self managed super fund or other entity.
- General and Enduring Powers of Attorney are required to appoint someone to act for you in relation to your finances and property if you are alive but are incapacitated and unable to make decisions for yourself.
- Advance Care Directives are required to appoint someone to act for you in relation to personal and medical decisions if you are alive but are incapacitated and unable to make decisions for yourself.
- Superannuation and Insurance options include Binding and Non-Binding nominations as well as consideration of the appropriate Total and Permanent Disablement, Income Protection, and Death Benefit policies available.
- Protective Trusts are established for the benefit of people who are vulnerable and focus on providing care, accommodation and support services.
- Special Disability Trusts are a trust to provide care and accommodation to a child or other relative with a severe disability resulting in the threshold of assets and income generated by those assets being free of Centrelink.
- Gifts and Loans should be documented to avoid complications with your estate.
- Wills set out how your assets are dealt with upon your death in order to avoid the laws of intestacy. Our Team can assist in the preparation of "Standard Wills", "Non-Standard Wills" or "Testamentary Trust Wills" which can provide significant tax and asset protection advantages.
- Blended Family considerations to address the unique position of families where the parents have children from different relationships.
- Statutory Wills are required in circumstances where a person lacks the capacity to make a Will such as due to dementia or injury.
Call us on 08 8523 8400 for a no obligation consultation with one of our lawyers or email us at email@example.com.
"DIY Will Kit Disasters" by Nick Pullman (04/04/2017)
"Power Failure" by Nick Pullman (28/03/2017)
"How much is a will?" by Nick Pullman (18/10/2016)
"Death Benefit Nominations for your Self Managed Super Fund" by Nick Pullman (09/08/2016)
"Updates on Advance Care Directives" by Peter Ryan (23/06/2016)
"Estate Planning Alert" by Nick Pullman (16/05/2016)
"Marriage and Divorce - The implications for estate planning" by Troy Roulstone (31/03/2016)
"Do I need a Will?" by Nick Pullman (14/10/2015)
"Plan for your holiday" by Peter Ryan (12/08/2015)
"Funeral Wishes" by Nick Pullman (16/07/2015)
"Statutory Wills" by Nick Pullman (14/07/2015)
"Who do you trust?" by Nick Pullman (26/05/2015)
"Digital Estate Planning" by Nick Pullman (07/05/2015)
"Wills for Life" by Nick Pullman (09/02/2015)
"DVD Wills" by Nick Pullman (02/02/2015)
"Who will get your super if you die?" by Peter Ryan (09/01/2015)
"What happens to my Will when I'm gone?" by Nick Coutts (12/09/2014)
"Managing Your Virtual Fortune" by Nick Pullman (11/09/2014)
"Do it yourself Will Kits" by Nick Coutts (03/08/2014)
"Testamentary Trusts" by Peter Ryan (01/08/2014)
"Estate Planning: Advance Care Directives" by Nick Coutts (01/07/2014)
To download the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, please click here.