Tips for Avoiding Inheritance Disputes
The main causes of inheritance disputes are as follows:
- Uncertainty or disagreement about what the deceased would have wanted.
- The use or maintenance of an asset such as a house.
- A belief that the assets were unfairly divided.
- The division or distribution of sentimental items such as photographs or jewellery.
- Surprises or misunderstandings in the Will.
- An executor behaving unfairly.
- Out of date Wills, DIY Wills and Will Kit Wills.
The potential for inheritance disputes can be minimised by engaging a lawyer with experience in estate planning and ensuring you review your estate plan regularly.
A Will that is up to date and clearly articulates how your assets are to be divided will assist to avoid unnecessary stress for your family and also the potential for disputes.
Call us on 8523 8400 or email us at email@example.com to review your estate plan.